Sunday, August 5, 2007

THE DESERT - CACTUS, ROADRUNNERS AND MORE

Wow, the desert is certainly VERY different from the North Pole and the kind of weather I’m used to. Good thing we are visiting this area in the winter. My coat would be much too hot for this desert heat.

I really liked to look at the saguaro cactus. They are especially cool and Santa said some of them are a couple of hundred years old. I like the roadrunners too, in fact, I wouldn’t mind chasing them. You know, I’m a pretty fast runner myself. But Mom wouldn’t let me. Gee, how is a snow dog going to have any fun?

We stayed in a place that had lots of campers that are called “snowbirds”. Mom said that many people who live in the Northern states spend the winter down south. Well I sure don’t understand that. Who wouldn’t want to spend time playing in the snow? Anyway, this place also had some little small houses all surrounding a golf course.

I guess it looked Ok, but there was hardly any grass and then the management did not want me to walk on it! Why would you plant grass and then tell me I can’t walk on it? I don’t understand that, boy humans sure have odd rules.

We got to visit one of Mom and Dad’s very close friends, Fred and Chery. I certainly liked them too they are so nice and I know they thought I was beautiful. Fred is a professional photographer and I told him that I would be glad to do a photo shoot anytime he wants. Chery is a professional singer and has a beautiful voice. We could only stay for one night but I hope we see them again soon.

We are heading south on the I10 now going toward New Mexico. I wonder what is there?

No comments: