Tuesday, August 28, 2007

THE BIG D - TEXAS PART 2

I thought we would never get here! When Santa said Texas is huge he was not kidding. We traveled up the I20 into Dallas/Fort Worth and it seemed to take forever.

Mom and Dad had music playing and they were talking and laughing, but I have to tell you I was kind of bored. I know that some people think this area is very beautiful and it does have a rugged kind of beauty. But I miss the green of the trees and the northern lights.

Dad decided to try out their new crock pot and put in a corned beef just before we left. They heard that if you put the crock pot in the sink it would not slide around. I guess you could say that it was a big success because that is ALL I’VE BEEN SMELLING FOR HOURS. WHAT KIND OF TORTURE IS THIS?

Have you ever been on the I20 in Texas? Because I have a question – often times there is a road that runs parallel to the highway. I did not see any roads that branched off this, it just was there and then all of sudden it just ended. Do you know why those roads are there? It seemed to me like the road started no where and ended no where. I just could not figure it out.

Well, we finally got to our campground outside of Dallas near the airport. Boy is it crowed. I sure hope I can meet some friends here. Dad said that tomorrow several Santa’s are going to visit us.

But what I really want is some corned beef!!!!!!!!!!! Come on Mom and Dad Feed ME NOW!

No comments: